19 Nov Full-Time/Perm Opportunity! Infosec Systems Engineer in San Antonio, TX
InfoSec Systems Engineer- Click to apply!
Terms: Permanent Hire / Direct Hire Opportunity
Location: San Antonio, TX
Work Status: Authorized to work in the U.S. without sponsorship
Benefits: Excellent benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k (with matching) and Life/ Insurance and more
Job Description: iSymmetry, a leading provider of on-demand IT consulting and recruiting services, has an immediate need for an InfoSec Systems Engineer for a Direct Hire opportunity in San Antonio, TX. Relocation assistance available for qualified candidates.
The InfoSec Systems Engineer is responsible for the development and implementation of technical systems and controls necessary to safeguard client information and assets. The InfoSec Systems Engineer must work directly with other IT staff for the purpose of protecting the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of proprietary, personal, and privileged data.
1. Develop and communicate strategy related to security tools and capabilities
2. Draft, implement, and maintain enterprise security technical controls and related infrastructure systems for the enterprise
3. Design, develop and implement security-related systems and/or technologies.
4. Partner with information technology teams in the design and implementation of systems, applications, processes, and/or other related technologies to adhere to security and compliance best practices, regulations, laws, and/or company programs, procedures, policies and guidelines
5. Function as the security technical SME for security related incidents; Perform forensic analysis of security incidents
6. Assess and respond to known and new security threats
7. Support other IT organizations in the diagnosis of potential security incidents
8. Manage Security Information & Event Management systems to include logic and automation functions
9. Coordinate maintenance of security-related systems (Anti-malware, Intrusion Prevention, Logging, Anti-spam, etc.)
10. Develop software and/or configure system automation framework tools to automate repetitive tasks.
11. Function as SME for IPS, DLP, WSG, and other security systems and services.
12. Apply modern security technologies to the design and integration of enterprise application infrastructures.
13. Manage vulnerability and penetration testing services and vulnerability assessments. Implement and assist with gap remediation.
14. Support internal, customer, and independent audits, as necessary
15. Maintain current knowledge of industry trends in security and compliance
16. Conduct internal and external research to gather data and accomplish objectives.
– Preferred bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent combination or experience and education
– Professional Security certification preferred (e.g. CISSP, CISM, GIAC, CEH)
– Five (5) or more years of experience with a concentration in IT security
– Experience in Windows and/or Unix/Linux environments.
– Ability to translate customer requirements into advanced technical solutions
– Expert knowledge in the design and implementation of advanced security solutions
– Experience working with packet capture technologies & performing packet analysis
– Experience with user and system authentication methodologies, SSO, data-authentication methods, and authorization options (role-based authorization using Active Directory attributes) required
– Experience with free and commercial system monitoring and security tools/protocols.
– Experience with database and reporting tools.
– Experience applying security technology and techniques to satisfy HIPAA and PCI requirements.
Click here to apply!
If interested please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or call (678) 292-0061.