18 Nov Which IT Jobs Will See Raises in 2016?
Everyone in the IT industry knows that salaries have been steadily climbing over the last several years as the market for high-level skills continues to grow and the IT skills gap becomes increasingly vast. Top IT talent often find themselves on the winning end of bidding wars between employers, even if they are not actively searching for a job. As employers clamber for skills in fields like IT security, big data, business intelligence and software applications, they are starting to offer above-market pay, bonuses and other financial incentives as well as extreme perks like flexible scheduling, unlimited vacation and generous stock options in order to lure the best and the brightest.
This means that IT professionals can expect to see bigger raises in 2016 than many other professionals in the U.S. job market. According to the 2016 technology salary report issued by Robert Half, starting salaries for all fields can expect to see a 4.1% increase next year, while IT will see a 5.3% increase.
The report singles out some IT jobs that are expected to see an even larger increase in 2016. They are:
- Wireless Network Engineer – 9.7% increase to a range of $108,750 to $150,750
- Big Data Engineer – 8.9% increase to a range of $129,500 to $183,500
- Data Scientist – 8.9% increase to a range of $109,000 to $153,750
- Mobile Application Developer – 8.2% increase to a range of $115,250 to $175,750
- Data Security Analyst – 7.1% increase to a range of $113,500 to $160,000
- Chief Security Officer – 7% increase to a range of $140,000 to $222,500
- Developer/Programmer Analyst – 6.8% increase to a range of $80,000 to $137,000
- Lead Applications Developer – 6.7% increase to a range of $110,750 to $160,750
- Network Security Engineer – 6.7% increase to a range of $110,250 to $152,750
- Senior Web Developer – 6.6% increase to a range of $111,250 to $154,000
- Software Engineer – 6.6% increase to a range of $103,000 to $156,250
- Software Developer – 6.5% increase to a range of $91,000 to $145,250
- Data Architect – 6.4% increase to a range of $127,250 to $175,500
- Applications Architect – 6.4% increase to a range of $121,250 to $171,750
- Web Developer – 6.4% increase from $78,500 to $129,500
- Network Administrator – 6.4% increase to a range of $76,250 – $112,000
- Information Systems Security Manager – 6.2% increase to a range of $129,750 to $182,000
- Business Intelligence Analyst – 6.2% increase to a range of $113,750 to $164,000
- Data Modeler – 6.2% increase to a range of $106,750 to $155,500
- Help Desk Tier 3 – 6.2% increase to a range of $59,500 to $77,750
It should come as no surprise to employers or job seekers that the fields experiencing some of the largest raises include big data, analytics and information security. These skills are essential for businesses of all sizes, in all industries, all over the world.
At iSymmetry, we specialize in connecting companies with talent who possess in-demand IT skills like these. Whether you are looking for talent or seeking new opportunities to grow your career, our recruiting team is committed to your success. Contact iSymmetry today to learn more about our on-demand consulting and professional services.